Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm not dead! (Just coding tools)

I realized when I saw the "view stats" of 0 that I haven't posted in maybe two weeks! Nothing's wrong, I've just been busy coding scenery tools since 860 went into RC. I'll post something useful here soon!

Just a quick random note: the maximum number of vertices in a DSF polygon is 65,535 vertices. If you have a polygon with more sides, you'll need to simplify or subdivide it.

I would also add that the speed with which forests are built up is related ot the polygon complexity (as well as the total trees made). The algorithm is pretty fast, but you may want to consider a simplification algorithm that removes sides, making the polygon smaller, if the total error is less than a few meters (or whatever your tree spacing is), nuke the side!

No comments: