- Real 3-d lighting in the 3-d cockpit. Note how the map light tends to illuminate only some of the cockpit as it fades out.
- 2-d back-lighting on all of the major steam gauges.
- A bunch of parts can now be dragged in 3-d, including the door handles. This is done via manipulators.
- Walls! In 3-d cockpit viewer mode you won't be able to leave the airplane until you actually open the doors. The cockpit viewpoint is constrained.
- The model has the glass parts separated out for correct shadowing, and the glass works correctly from all viewpoints.
- Panel uses cockpit regions for accurate lighting.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
A Modern Cessna
With X-Plane 930 beta 8, we finally integrated the latest version of Max's Cessna 172 SP. Grab the new beta and try it - he's added a number of new features that demonstrate some of the newer X-Plane 9 airplane features.