- This is a base mesh orthophoto scenery I made with MeshTool, as a test.
- The source DEM is 10m NED, the source imagery is 1mpp DOQQ, down-scaled to 3mpp. I gave MeshTool a point budget of 500,000 mesh points per DSF tile, and it used them all.
- This version of MeshTool (2.0 beta 2) should be out in the next 3 days.
- That's X-Plane 930RC4. The framerate really is around 100 fps.
- There are no dynamic real-time shadows. Rather, the orthophotos have the shadows "baked" in because they're photos.
- There are artifacts at the joins of the orthophotos because I spent time fixing projection errors.
Clearly we need more than 25 nm visibility in some cases!